Bridal Shower Themes
A bridal shower is a party held for the bride-to-be prior to the wedding that involves gifts, food, love and women only. Typically one or more of the bridesmaids will throw the bridal shower instead of a family member, and all of the bride-to-be’s closest female friends and family member will be present. Below are some of our favourite themes from BrideBox!
- Traditional High Tea Party – Host a classy affair by throwing a traditional British tea party for your bride’s shower. Have guests wear their Sunday’s best and have an assortment of hot tea, iced tea, mini sandwiches, cookies and other finger foods. Décor can include lace, doilies, pastel colors and pretty china table settings. Party favors can be teacups and saucers or gourmet tea leaves.
- Arts & Crafts – Get artsy with a painting class, pottery lesson, flower arranging course, jewelry making session or have guests work together on a scrapbook as a gift for the bride-to-be. Having a hands-on activity as the primary event of the bridal shower will be fun for guests to get creative and have something tangible to take home with them. Having all the guests put together a scrapbook for the bride-to-be is also a fantastic idea since they are her closest female friends and would have lots of great memories to include in the keepsake.
- Wine Tasting – If the option is available to you, heading to a local winery for wine tasting would be a fantastic bridal shower theme. Hire a party bus to shuttle you from winery to winery and learn about different local wines. If there are none nearby, host a wine and cheese tasting party at your home instead. You can buy gourmet wines and cheeses from the store and have guests decorate their own wine glasses as party favors.
- Charity Shower – An interesting and unique idea for a bridal shower is to host a charity shower. You still host a regular bridal shower with any theme and details that you want, but instead of bringing gifts for the happy couple, guests are asked to bring a donation to benefit a charity. Depending on the charity, the donation can be items like food, clothing, toys or cash. This is a great option for couples who don’t have a large wedding gift registry or already have most of the typical wedding gift items.
- Travel Destination – Choose an exotic travel location to use as the theme for the shower, such as France, Italy or Mexico. A Parisian bridal shower would be chic and involve wine, cheese, baguettes, macarons and Eiffel Tower décor. An Italian soiree could have delicious pasta, pizza, limoncello and bellinis. A Mexican themed fiesta could have a nacho bar, margaritas and sombreros. The options are endless with a travel destination themed shower.
- Cooking Demonstration – For the foodie brides, a cooking demonstration and kitchen-themed shower is the perfect idea. If you can find a cooking class to accommodate all of the guests, even better. Ask guests to bring kitchen-related gifts, such as nice silverware, wine glasses and nice cookware. The guests will learn new recipes and cooking techniques that they can try at home.
- Perfume Party – Create your own fragrance with a DIY perfume bar. There are many perfume kits that you can buy online that come with plenty of essential oils and other goodies to help you create your own unique scent. This is a fun activity that results in a wonderful party favor for guests to take home with them.
- Mimosa Brunch – A mimosa brunch is a wonderful bridal shower idea. You can either have it at a nice restaurant, or host a brunch yourself. Have a mimosa station in which there are different types of sparkling wines and champagnes as well as assorted freshly squeezed juices. Personalized coffee mugs or champagne flutes would be a fantastic party favor for the guests.
- Slumber Party – Who didn’t love sleepovers as a kid? Host a slumber party reminiscent of the ones you had as a child by playing truth or dare, having a pillow fight, staying up late eating candy and watching movies. A slumber party shower can be held at someone’s house, or you can rent hotel rooms to ensure everyone has a bed to sleep in.
- Country Western – Bring out the inner cowgirl in all of you by hosting a country western themed bridal shower. Have each guest arrive wearing cowboy hats, plaid shirts and cowboy boots and achieve a rustic feel with mason jars, horses and wildflowers as décor. Line dancing and outdoor games such as horseshoes and cornhole complete the day’s festivities.